6 Weird Facts You Didn't Know About Halloween!
It's that time of year again, Halloween! Kids will be trick or treating, outrageous costumes are abundant, and the same old Charlie Brown Halloween episode will be back on TV. Personally, I just like the discounted candy the day after Halloween. In honor of Halloween, here are some fun facts you might find interesting.
- The first Jack O'Lanterns were made from turnips.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- Ireland is the believed to be the birthplace of Halloween.
- The number one choice for Halloween treats is chocolate.
- Halloween is the second grossing holiday behind Christmas.
- A widely believed tradition states, if you wear your clothes inside out then walk backwards on Halloween, you will see a ghost.
A senior at the University of Texas at Dallas, studying Marketing. With four major marketing internships down, Jackie is a force to be reckoned with.